God Who Condemns
• What is condemnation?
• What is condemnation taken to its Logical conclusion?
• What is condemnation taken to its Theological conclusion?
• Why did Jesus curse the fig tree?
• What object lesson did Jesus draw from the fig tree?
• What did the chief priests and elders ask Jesus about?
• How did Jesus’ answer?
• How did the chief priests and elders respond?
• What was Jesus’ reply?
• What is Jesus communicating here?
• How are Jesus cursing the fig tree and the chief priests’ question really about the same thing?
• How is this related to Jesus teaching on prayer in Matthew
• What is the connection between lack of faith, unbelief, perversity and condemnation?
• What does the placement of the fig tree within the narrative signify?
• What should we, personally, take away from the story of Jesus cursing the fig tree?
• What does it mean to worship a God who condemns?